1. List the four chief public concerns identified during “the decennary of conflagrations” that are still applicable to today’s fire service.
• The demand for fire resistive building stuffs in edifices
• A demand for reliable H2O supply
• The regular review of fire and life economy equipment
• The safe storage of combustible and flammable stuffs
2. Identify the five major differences between the United States and other industrialised states that contribute to higher fire losingss.
• Less than 3 % -5 % of the entire fire section budget is spent on fire bar related activities
• U. S. societal credence allows an uncontrolled fire to happen
• Wood is extensively used in building
• Fire services receive low or unequal support
• The usage of plastics has increased. therefore increasing the heat end product of a fire over wood merchandises
3. Describe the major differences between the Incident Command System ( ICS ) and the National Incident Management System ( NIMS ) . The ICS is a personnel direction construction through which catastrophe response is controlled. ICS was developed by the State of California as a method by which temblors and other exigencies could be handled expeditiously.
NIMS is designed to fix for. prevent. and manage response to exigency and catastrophe state of affairss. and to organize exigency response catastrophe respondents on the local. province and federal degrees.
4. Describe how the events of 9/11 aid place betterments to edifice and fire codifications. They helped place the demand for Elevators high-rise edifices more than 120 pess tall so firemans can acquire to. and fight fires. without walking up from the land floor with heavy equipment. A higher criterion for fire opposition in high-rise edifices more than 420 pess tall. a stronger fire proofing for edifices more than 75 pess tall. shafts enveloping lifts and issue staircases that have impact immune walls. self-luminous issue tract markers in all issue stairways that supply a lit tract when both the primary and secondary lighting fails. and radio coverage systems within the edifice to let exigency forces to better communicate within the edifice and with exigency staff outside the edifice back uping the response.
5. How does a planetary placement system aid in the fire service? GPS trailing can be of great benefit to firemans by mapping the fire. placement and directing forces to the hot musca volitanss. directing deliverance squads if necessary. and directing extra aid to the right location.